Top 40th Birthday Ideas to Celebrate Your Big Day
Coming up with 40th birthday ideas shouldn’t be taken lightly. With the 20’s and 30’s now in the rearview mirror, your life takes on new meaning as you ring-in the fifth decade.
Perhaps it’s the increased confidence you’ve been noticing. Or perhaps you’re wanting to travel more. Maybe it’s that career change you were always dreaming about.
Regardless, with the years of life experience under your belt, you’ve likely come to better appreciate what really matters in life—namely, creating memories with your significant other, family, and friends.
But figuring out what to do for 40th birthday parties isn’t easy. Turning 40 is a milestone birthday, and you want a milestone celebration that you will remember for years to come. This isn’t any old birthday — it’s a truly momentous occasion in your life.
So what are some fun things to do for a 40th birthday? In this post, we’ll explore unforgettable 40th birthday ideas you can experience together with your loved ones.
Private cooking events with CocuSocial
A compilation of the best 40th birthday ideas wouldn’t be complete without mentioning private cooking classes.
CocuSocial offers private cooking events guided by professional chefs and instructors. Choose from a variety of events, including hand-rolled sushi, French macaron, Spanish tapas, and more. We also offer baking, wine tasting, and mixology classes.
Our chefs and instructors are fun and engaging. They’ll lead your group in an interactive culinary experience culminating in tasting the delicious food you’ve created.
All our cooking events take place in unique and unforgettable venues. Some of these venues can include beautiful restaurants, event spaces, hotels, and commercial kitchens.
No matter how you decide to celebrate your 40th birthday, what matters most is the people you’ll be sharing it with.
Celebrating someone else’s big day? Cooking classes make great gifts, because learning something new, having fun with friends, and eating a delicious hand-made dinner will always be a hit. That’s why CocuSocial’s cooking classes are one of the best 40th birthday ideas for men and women alike. Give the gift of good food and fun today!
If you’re looking to partake in an amazing birthday experience with your loved ones, contact CocuSocial today!
Fun 40th Birthday Ideas for Women and Men
Laid-back birthday ideas
Planning for your big 4-0 doesn’t need to be stressful or chaotic. Here are some things to do for a 40th birthday if you’re looking for a relaxed vibe.
- Host a potluck party: Having others bring the food can relieve the pressure on you to come up with an extravagant menu. Potlucks generally have a more relaxed vibe, while at the same time are homey and familiar.
- Visit a spa: What’s more laid-back than pampering yourself at a spa? Plan a little retreat to reduce stress and soothe some of the aches and pains you may have developed over the years. Also, spas are not just for women: men can enjoy them too!
- Dive bar: Hanging out at a dive bar can be a great way to spend time with friends while enjoying cheap food and drinks. Dive bars often showcase live musicians, adding to the ambiance.
- Movie in your backyard: If you’re wondering where to celebrate your 40th birthday, why not look to your very own backyard? Go rent a projector, find some lawn chairs, and invite your friends for a chilled-out outdoor movie night.
Birthday-extravaganza party ideas
If you’re prone to a little more adventure and excitement, here are some 40th birthday party ideas that you may enjoy.
- Try an extreme activity: If you’re a risk-taker, you should definitely include an extreme activity on your 40th birthday ideas list. Whether that’s skydiving, bungee jumping, or cliff jumping, these 40th birthday activities will definitely get you and your friends’ blood pumping.
- Head to a concert: Relive some of your 20’s or 30’s by rocking out at a concert with friends. To bump up the extravagance level, treat yourself to a VIP meet & greet package to make for an unforgettable event.
- Getaway: Hop on the plane or take a road trip with some friends and rent out an Airbnb in a different city. Explore the city and soak up the local music, food, and cultural scene.
- Host a dance party in your home: Maybe you’re done with the clubbing scene, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t dance to your favorite tunes. Turn your home into a dance floor, lay out some drinks and snacks, and invite your friends over for a full night of dancing.
Family-friendly birthday party ideas
Perhaps involving all members of the family is your idea of a perfect birthday. Here are some family-friendly celebration ideas for a 40th birthday.
- Boardgame night: Enjoy an evening with your family and friends by cozying up to the fireplace and playing some board games. Whether it’s Scrabble, Monopoly, or Settlers of Catan, playing board games for your 40th birthday can be fun and memorable for all.
- Roller skating: Roller skating is a great throwback for adults and a blast for the kids. You could even think of 40th birthday themes, such as a ‘70s-theme or ‘80s-theme, as you skate around the rink.
- Pottery class: Why not spend your 40th getting crafty and creating some pottery? Pottery studios offer guided classes, which allow you to take home your creation at the end.
- Go camping: Heading outdoors to the mountains or parks can be a fabulous time for bonding and getting some fresh air. Set up your tent, start a fire, and share camp songs as you gaze at the stars.